Arts in Education Portal
Dates: 25 – 29 May 2020
The Portal Team are delighted to invite teachers, artists, arts managers and anyone with an interest in arts in education to connect with us online with the first series of Virtual Regional Events from the 25th to 29th May 2020.
In light of the current situation, the Spring Regional Day which was planned to take place at VISUAL, Carlow has unfortunately been cancelled but we are delighted to be able to move the programme online with a series of events taking place via Zoom from 11am each morning from Monday 25th May until Friday 29th May.
The programme features a series of sessions sharing experience and best practise from the sector in the South-East. It includes a discussion with curator Karla Sanchez, with artists Els Dietvorst and Clare Breen sharing their experience on the Living Arts Project, along with an exploration of collective ownership and participation in Primary Schools with artist Tunde Toth.
From Wednesday 27th until Friday 29th Carlow based visual artist Maree Hensey invites participants to explore, question, feel and enquire using a variety of materials during a hands on creative session.
Click on the book ticket links below for further information and to book your place to take part in the discussion online.
- Monday 25th May – 11:00am —Discussion: The Living Arts Project, a discussion with curator Karla Sanchez, artist Els Dietvorst and artist Clare Breen – Book Ticket
- Tuesday 26th May, 11:00am —Presentation: ‘Danger Art’ Collective Authorship, Shared Ownership and Participation in Arts Projects in Primary Schools with artist Tunde Toth – Book Ticket
- Wednesday 27th, Thursday 28th & 29th Friday, 11:00am – Hands-on Creative Workshop: Visual Artist, Maree Hensey – all creative sessions are now fully booked but please join our waiting list via the link – Waiting List
- The sessions on Monday and Tuesday will also be broadcasted on Facebook Live, however to take part in the discussion please book your place for the Zoom live.
- The Creative Sessions on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday have limited capacity, so we advise booking early to avoid disappointment. Materials for these sessions will be posted directly to participants, so home addresses will need to be shared with the portal editor.
You may need to install the Zoom app which can be downloaded https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting.
Gaiety School of Acting Recognising the struggle so many parents are currently facing as they broach the mountainous…
The Creative Ireland Programme Date: 13 June 2020 Cruinniú na nÓg 2020 is Ireland’s national day…