Fresh Film Festival works in film provision for children & young people aged 7 – 18 years. As a national organisation based in Limerick it:
- Encourages children & young people to engage with cinema as an art form through screening age appropriate classic, foreign language and independent films,
- Promotes the work made by Irish young filmmakers regionally, nationally and internationally through regional screenings and international Distribution.
- Fresh contextualises film as a medium and form through study guides, discussions, introductions and workshops and thereby enriches screenings and supports the curriculum. Additional programmes are offered in cooperation with industry partners, international festivals and teachers.
- Supports film provision in schools with online resources including Fresh Film School tutorials, study guides and an extensive collection of youth produced films.
- Prompts critical engagement with youth produced films though primary and secondary school jury programmes
- Celebrates the achievements of young filmmakers though the annual Young Filmmaker of the Year Awards
- Encourages young people to share short films with their peers through the Junior Cert Short Course in film with Film In Schools and the Irish Film Institute