The Arts Council’s Creative Schools Initiative
Deadline: 12 noon 18 August 2022
The Arts Council of Ireland are delighted to announce an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join the Creative Schools team in the position of Creative Schools Officer. This exciting full-time opportunity at Executive Officer grade is a fixed term to August 31st, 2024.
The Creative Schools Officer will play a key role in supporting the Creative Schools Team to deliver on its objectives and project plan. The role is temporary for a specified purpose. The Creative Schools Officer will be a member of the Creative Schools team, reporting to the Programme Manager, Creative Schools and working closely with the Creative Schools managers, programme director, and the Project Leads.
Skills & Experience Required
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- A proven track record in project management, with an emphasis on communications desirable
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail skills, including the ability to gather, analyse reports and plans, to engage in critical analysis and express complex information in a clear, concise way
- Excellent ICT skills and ability, which must include MS Office, in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to be discrete, diplomatic and empathetic
- Ability to forward plan and anticipate needs, to work effectively as a member of a team and to work on her/his own initiative
- Excellent customer focus, verbal and written communications skills and the ability to be confident dealing with both internal and external customers and key stakeholders
- A demonstrated commitment and ability to contribute positively to the team and to effective ways of working
- Flexible and enthusiastic in the context of working in a busy and demanding team
- A commitment to high standards of public service.
- The ability to communicate through the Irish language, both verbal and written, desirable
For full details about this role and application information go to Creative Schools Officer | The Arts Council | An Chomhairle Ealaíon
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00 noon, Thursday 18th of August 2022
Creative Schools is a flagship initiative of the Creative Ireland Programme to enable the creative potential of every child. Creative Schools is led by the Arts Council in partnership with the Department of Education and Skills and the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media . Creative Schools, formerly Arts Rich Schools/Arís, draws on the commitments set out in the Arts in Education Charter.
The Arts Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourage applications from all sections of the community under all ten grounds as set out in our Equality, Human Rights and Diversity Policy (for more information, visit: http://www.artscouncil.ie/equality-human-rights-diversity/