FÍS Film Project
Deadline: Friday June 24th 2022
The annual FÍS Film Awards competition is open to primary schools across in the Republic of Ireland. Designated Dept. of Education primary schools are invited to make a short film, up to 5 minutes maximum duration, and enter it to FÍS before 24th June 2022.
Teachers wishing to introduce film making into their primary classroom can avail of a wide variety of Teacher Resources at the website and hear what other teachers have to say about the benefits of film making to pupils. Whether you are a new comer to FÍS or want to refresh your skills before embarking on a new film making project with your pupils our comprehensive suite of resources will support you.
2022 Competition Details
Entry is via fisfilmproject.ie/competition/.
Judging Criteria Highlights
- Imagination and creativity
- Originality of the story
- Curricular relevance (include details of subject/strand/strand unit where relevant)
- Support of pupils’ literacy and/or numeracy skills development
- Excellence in set design, costume design, film direction, film production, the use of sound, acting, cinematography, etc
- Excellence in the art of storytelling
- Excellence in the use of special techniques, e.g., animation or special effects
- Excellence in visual interpretation of a story or concept
- Cuirfear faílte ar leith roimh scannáin as Gaeilge
All entries will be acknowledged via email, judging will take place in early Autumn. The shortlist will be announced before the end of September.
Following this competitive process shortlisted schools will be invited to a ‘red carpet’ event at the Helix Theatre, Dublin, i.e. the National FÍS Film Awards Ceremony. Each year over 900 school children attend the prestigious ceremony which is filmed and broadcast via live stream by students from the Institute of Art, Design & Technology’s (IADT) National Film School.