Applications are now being accepted for the Early Years Irish Language Arts Commission 2023.
A collaboration between Creative Ireland South Dublin, South Dublin Arts Office, Áras Chrónáin, and Naíonra Chrónáin
The Creative Ireland South Dublin programme wishes to commission an Early Years Irish Language artwork. This commission will be delivered in collaboration with children from Naíonra Chrónáin located on the grounds of Áras Chrónáin in Clondalkin.
The expectations of the commission are:
- Early Years children (0-6years) will be engaged with the creation process of the work and their voice will lead the way
- Close collaboration with the teachers at Naíonra Chrónáin to create artwork that could be a model for other Early Years facilities, while remaining feasible for the space of the Naíonra.
- The duration of the commission will be discussed with the awarded creative (s) but likely duration is one year.
- Develop process to work with young children in project creation
- Create a model for other educators and practitioners to work in Early Years Arts and Irish Language
- Create a participant-led piece of work
The commission is for €30,000 inclusive of VAT
- Applications closing date 5pm 20th January 2023
- Assessment will take place week of the 23rd January 2023
- Award Notification first week of February
For more detailed information on the application process and to submit an application, please visit: https://www.sdcc.ie/en/services/sport-and-recreation/arts/creative-ireland/