Baboró International Arts Festival for Children
Dates: 14 – 20 October 2019
Baboró are delighted to announce that their Schools Box Office is now open for this year’s festival, which takes place in Galway 14-20 October. To plan your school visit take a look at the dedicated schools section of their website to find everything you need to make your booking request.
How to Begin
- You should receive a Festival Programme in the post this week (an online version will be launched 2 September).
- Decide which performance, literature or free event you would like your class to attend.
- Consider ‘Making a Day of It’ by combining a show or literature event with one of our free Creative Connections sessions or a free Visual Art guided tour. These must also be requested on the online booking form (limited availability).
- Complete the Online Schools Booking Request Form by Wednesday 11 September. You will be asked for your top-3 preferences, or you can have the Baboró team select a show for your group to attend. Please complete one form per group.
Recommended performances and events have been identified as suitable for groups or schools with additional needs. Baboró have developed an information pack to accompany these shows, which includes information about the venues, access, and what to expect during the performances regarding light, sound, etc. You can find this pack and more helpful information online on the Baboró website (www.baboro.ie )from 2 September.
Ticket & Subsidy Information
- Performance ticket prices: €6.50 per child & €5.50 per child for registered DEIS schools.
- Literature Event ticket prices: €5 per child.
- Creative Connections sessions: Free.
- Visual Art guided tours: Free.
- Free Teacher/SNA Tickets: 1 per 10 children. Preschools – 1 per 5 children. Additional Needs – as required.
- Bus Subsidy Scheme: Claim back some of your bus hire costs after the festival. You will receive further details about this with your booking confirmation.
Wednesday 11 September: First Round Booking Deadline.
Requests after this date are considered, however, likelihood of attending one of your top 3 preferences is greatly reduced.
Week of Monday 23 September: Notification of Allocation.
Schools will be notified of their allocation with a Baboró schedule, invoice, and a pre-engagement pack including venue information via email. Please do not call for information on your booking before this date, as it takes one week to complete the allocations for all schools.
Wednesday 9 October: Payment Due in Full.
Cash is not accepted. Payment methods will be outlined with notification of your allocation. Bookings are not considered complete and confirmed until full payment has been received.
For school enquires or further information please contact Kirsty on 091 562642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arts Council’s Creative Schools Initiative The Arts Council of Ireland will tender for a panel of Creative…
Uillinn West Cork Arts Centre Date: 11 – 20 February Uillinn West Cork Arts…