Job Opportunity: IFI Education Officer
Irish Film Institute
Deadline: 5pm, 12th October
The Irish Film Institute wishes to appoint two Education Officers to contribute to and develop its education programme both onsite and online.
Key Responsibilities for the roles include:
- Programme and deliver IFI Education events onsite and online within agreed budgets and in accordance with IFI strategy, curriculum requirements & national arts and education policies
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the IFI@Schools platform and promote its take up within schools
- Initiate and respond to changes in school learning environments, creating new ways to promote film across curricula
- Manage schools physical tours to IFI covering all aspects including administration, costing, operational and safeguarding
- Contribute to delivery of IFI Film Clubs project
- Contribute to IFI Education digital & online content & IFI Education’s publicity materials for website and social media
- Work collaboratively on all education activities as required, with Head of Education
- Explore possibilities for out of school engagement with IFI, children and young people
- Coordinate TY Work Experience placements and summer volunteering
- Provide talks, introductions, supporting materials as required
- Contribute to all aspects of IFI Education and wider IFI culture through a growing commitment to film, young people and education
Download the full job description here – ifi.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Job-Description-Education-Officer.pdf
Applicants should forward a cover letter and CV by email to Alicia McGivern, IFI Head of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Irish Film Institute, 6 Eustace Street, Dublin 2.
Closing date for applications is 17.00 on Monday, October 12th.