Dates: 4 – 8 July 2022
The Ark are excited to present this really popular engaging arts summer course focusing on the two curriculum areas of Drama and Music.
This is a five day Department of Education and Skills and EPV-approved summer course for teachers.
Working with two outstanding creative practitioners, you will enjoy a week of experiential learning and development. Your confidence and skills in both music and drama will increase through highly participative and inspiring course content.
Using themes drawn from SPHE, English and other subjects, participants will explore a variety of imaginative approaches to integrated curriculum delivery. Teachers of all levels of experience will be able to fully engage in this rich week of professional development.
Course content and highlights will include:
- Developing confidence and skills to deliver all aspects of the primary school music and drama curricula
- Using music and drama to imaginatively respond to themes and concepts in other subjects
- Working in teams and individually to bring themes to life through a range of creative approaches
- Vocal development: both musical and dramatic voice use
- Imaginative approaches to literacy and empathy, using both music and drama
- Applying creative, reflective and evaluative practices used by musicians and theatre practitioners to teachers’ individual professional practices and to school self-evaluation.
Cost – €100/€90 (For ArkEd Members)
Dates & Times – Five day course, 4-8 June @ 10am – 3pm (with breaks) each day
For further information and bookings go to ark.ie/events/view/summer-cpd-for-teachers-creative-music-drama-in-the-classroom.