The Everyman - The Beating Heart of Theatre in Cork
We deliver an ambitious annual programme of work in a beautiful venue that serves the audience of today and builds the audience of the future. The Everyman is a centre of excellence for theatre that engages with and reflects the artistic and civic life of Cork and beyond.
Currently our marketing manager is a Creative Associate as part of the Arts Council’s Creative Schools Programme. Arts in Education is something we believe in and this is reflected in our activities at The Everyman.
- As part of our annual programme, we produce and present engaging multi-disciplinary professional performances aimed at schools and family audiences.
- The Everyman also offers talks, workshops and tours for our young audience both within and without of education settings.
- We create opportunities for engagement and participation at our venue and on tour.
- We are committed to creating access opportunities for people with diverse voices, abilities and experiences.
- We offer work experience and internship programmes for 2nd and 3rd level students.
- We produce, collaborate and support the development of high-quality theatre experiences for young audiences together with established companies and emerging artists.
- The Everyman creates and commissions new content and resources for teachers and students based on the programme e.g. Asking For It; Revolting Rhymes; Behind the Scenes Tour.
In 2019, 10,000 students from schools and colleges attended a show at The Everyman.
There were 22 Post-Show Talks and 35 Behind the Scenes Tours.