Dates: 19 – 23 August 2019
Back for a fourth summer, The Ark are excited to present this really popular engaging arts summer course focusing on the two curriculum areas of Drama and Music.
This is a five day Department of Education and Skills and EPV-approved summer course for teachers.
Working with two outstanding creative practitioners, you will enjoy a week of experiential learning and development. Your confidence and skills in both music and drama will increase through highly participative and inspiring course content.
Using themes drawn from SPHE, English and other subjects, participants will explore a variety of imaginative approaches to integrated curriculum delivery. Teachers of all levels of experience will be able to fully engage in this rich week of professional development.
Course content and highlights will include:
- Developing confidence and skills to deliver all aspects of the primary school music and drama curricula
- Using music and drama to imaginatively respond to themes and concepts in other subjects
- Working in teams and individually to bring themes to life through a range of creative approaches
- Vocal development: both musical and dramatic voice use
- Imaginative approaches to literacy and empathy, using both music and drama
- Applying creative, reflective and evaluative practices used by musicians and theatre practitioners to teachers’ individual professional practices and to school self-evaluation.
Artists – Anita Mahon (music) & Joanna Parkes (theatre)
Dates & Times – Five Day Course
19-23 Aug 2019, 10am to 3pm each day
Presented by The Ark & Dublin West Education Centre
For further information and ticket booking go to https://ark.ie/events/view/teachers-5-day-course-creative-music-drama-1