Job Opportunities with Kids’ Own Publishing Partnership
Kids’ Own Publishing Partnership
Deadline: 3 May 2022
Kids’ Own are seeking to appoint an Operations Manager and Project Manager to join their team in Sligo. See details below:
Kids’ Own is now seeking to appoint an Operations Manager to support the smooth running of all of our operational activities.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Operations Manager’s duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Governance Code compliance: Monitoring and supporting updates to, and implementation of, policies and procedures, in line with Charities Governance Code.
- Company Secretary duties.
- Management and monitoring of operational risk.
- Responsible for data storage and management of all company databases.
- Top-level administrative and filing duties.
- Management of company calendar.
- HR supports: Overseeing updates to the company staff handbook, filing of staff contracts and organising relevant training for staff members and associate artists.
- Building oversight and maintenance.
- Managing stock: Responsible for book storage, postage of book orders and other dissemination initiatives.
Publishing duties: Registering ISBNs, recording titles with Nielsen, sourcing print quotes—in collaboration with CD/CEO.
- Some accountancy supports, where required.
- Support company development, where required.
Terms: This is a part-time post, 3.5 days p/week. Fixed-term contract of one year, with a view to extension.
For full details go to kidsown.ie/job-opportunity-kids-own-seeks-operations-manager/
Kids’ Own has an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to lead on the ongoing delivery of our collaborative initiatives with children and young people.
The Project Manager will report to the CEO and will work closely with our small team to support the delivery of our strategic aims through our projects and programmes with children and young people.
The project manager’s duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Plan and manage a diverse range of projects on an ongoing basis, in line with Kids’ Own strategic objectives.\
- Co-ordinate and oversee all practical elements of project management, including:Scheduling planning and review meetings.
- Appointing and contracting artists.
- Working with partners to identify participant groups; or open recruitment.
- Organising project details: dates, venue, materials and documentation methods.
- Organising launch events for published outputs.
- Issuing consent forms to participants in line with Kids’ Own’s Child Protection Policy.
- Ensuring safeguarding procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Responsibility for evaluation, and processing of outputs.
- Draw on expertise and knowledge to support decision-making in relation to projects.
- Work collaboratively with project artists, teachers and partners to ensure the smooth and timely running of projects.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key partners and funders.
- Support grant-writing for project income and submit activity reports to funders.
- Manage project budgets, in collaboration with the Creative Director and Finance Officer.
- Support marketing and publicity activities related to specific projects.
Terms: This is a part-time post, 3 days p/week. Fixed-term contract of one year, with a view to extension.
For full details go to kidsown.ie/job-opportunity-kids-own-seeks-project-manager-part-time/
Candidates are requested to send a detailed CV and cover letter to:
Jo Holmwood, Creative Director of Kids’ Own, email@example.com by Tuesday 3rd May at 5pm.