Cork ETB recently launched their Arts in Education Strategy 2022-2026. The Strategy outlines the importance of the arts and provides a framework for arts education and the promotion of the arts and supporting their implementation throughout Cork ETB.
Minister for Education, Norma Foley attended Nano Nagle Place in Cork City on Friday 2nd December where she launched Cork ETB’s Arts in Education Strategy 2022-2026.
The Arts in Education Strategy outlines the importance of the arts and provides a framework for arts education and the promotion of the arts and supporting their implementation throughout all of Cork ETB’s primary, post primary and further education and training facilities.
The implementation plan includes the following five key points and their respective objectives:
- Awareness: develop and create a space for the Arts in all its forms
- Inclusivity: to promote and deploy Arts Education as a valuable tool for promoting social inclusion, community engagement, well-being and fostering lifelong learning
- Partnership: develop existing relationships while nurturing the development of new partnerships and joint ventures
- Value: to foster and promote creativity by encouraging schools and centre’s to give parity of esteem to creative subjects
- Quality: provision of appropriate supports and resources to provide for quality teaching and learning in the Arts
Speaking at the launch, Minister Foley praised Cork ETB for their efforts to enable better integration and promotion of the arts in their education entities.
She said: “It was a joy for me to be invited to launch the Cork Education and Training Board’s Arts in Education Strategy 2022 – 2026. I strongly believe that inclusive access to the arts can nurture, inspire and innovate all our students and young learners. The Arts in Education Strategy today clearly identifies Cork ETB’s commitment to the arts and provides a framework for the way forward for all stakeholders. It was a pleasure to officially launch this milestone strategy in the presence of such vibrant performers and talented musicians.”
A copy of Cork ETB’s Arts in Education Strategy 2022-2026 can be viewed online here: https://www.corketb.ie/cork-etb-arts-provision/