Backstage Theatre’s stated mission is to promote the development of the arts by presenting a high quality, diverse and innovative programme of arts activities which is valued by and engages the community we serve and which provides a platform and resource for artists and companies to present their work. One of our objectives, in pursuance of this mission, is to provide a platform for local arts practice, encouraging and facilitating participation in the arts locally as audience and active practitioners. To this end we strive to ensure that policies and programmes are developed to provide access and interactive participation for education in drama and performing arts to schools and young people.
Our annual programme includes:
- A multi-disciplinary professional performance programme aimed at schools and family audiences.
- A summer theatre camp aimed at children aged 7 to 12.
- Venue access and administrative and programming support to Aisling Children’s Arts Festival.
- Collaborations with our resident Youth Theatre.
- One off projects from time to time in collaboration with individual schools, youth groups and children’s organisations in our locality.
News posts - One result
Backstage Theatre Date: 11am & 1pm, Friday 20 May 2022 Backstage Theatre invites primary schools to Lúminaria, a…