!!!! Writers in Schools: Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland
Writers in Schools Scheme
Poetry Ireland’s Writers in Schools scheme part-funds visits by writers and storytellers to primary and post-primary schools in the Republic of Ireland (funded by The Arts Council) and Northern Ireland (funded by Arts Council Northern Ireland).
Over the past 22 years, the scheme has given more than 500,000 children the chance to work closely with writers in the classroom. Poetry Ireland believes that the creative energy sparked by these first-hand encounters with writers can trigger an appreciation of the emotional and intellectual power of language that lasts a lifetime.
Writers in Schools single visits are:
- Suitable for primary and post-primary school groups
- Available in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Available with a range of artists including poets, novelists, storytellers, teen fiction writers, children’s writers and screenwriters
- 2 hours with a selected writer, which can be divided into shorter sessions for different class groups (eg two/ three sessions during one visit).
- €100/£85 per visit. This is half the writer’s fee, paid by the school. Poetry Ireland funds the balance plus travel expenses.
B type visits (4 hours/ cost €200/ £170) are reserved for special projects, with more information available upon request.
To apply for the Writers in Schools single visit, please visit: Writers in Schools scheme | Poetry Ireland | Poetry Ireland