Kids’ Own Publishing Partnership
Deadline 13 July 2022
Kids’ Own, the current Arts in Education Portal Mangers are delighted to invite applications for the role of Project Manager for the Arts in Education Portal (part-time).
Reporting to the Kids’ Own CEO, the Project Manager will work very closely with other members of the Kids’ Own team and the Arts in Education Portal Editorial Committee to manage the Arts In Education Portal. Kids’ Own are the current managers of the Arts in Education Portal on behalf of the Portal Editorial Committee.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a dynamic community-minded individual with excellent digital skills and event management skills combined to lead the management of the Arts in Education Portal as it enters into a new phase of strategic development.
The specifications of the role are set out below.
The Project Manager for the Arts in Education Portal will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Arts in Education Portal, including but not limited to:
- Ongoing management of all aspects of the Arts in Education Portal website including regular content updates of project features, guest blogs, critical essays, videos, and resources.
- Liaise with, and report regularly to, the Portal Editorial Committee; and attend and lead quarterly meetings.
- Liaison with the Portal web developers to ensure the site is fully maintained and up to date with the latest software.
- Implementation of AiE Portal Digital Marketing Strategy, including web, SEO/SEM, email marketing, social media and digital advertising.
- Manage content across all platforms including email and social media in collaboration with Kids’ Own’s Digital Marketing Officer.
- Managing metrics such as Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools.
- Leading on website and social media channel optimisation for SEO as well as usability.
- Providing editorial, creative and technical support to team members and content contributors.
- Measuring, reporting and recommending on the performance of all activities both online and off.
- Creating and implementing editorial calendars in collaboration with content contributors.
- Delivering effective, cohesive, and engaging brand messaging.
- Development of and implantation of aspects of the annual Portal Commissioning Plan.
- Coordination of all Portal events, particularly the annual National Arts in Education Portal Day and Spring Regional Day, including pre-event planning, audience engagement, organising guest speakers and management of all event logistics.
- Collaborating with the broader Kids’ Own team to ensure that the AiE Portal activities and content aligns with the ethos and remit of the Portal.
- Briefing and managing third-party suppliers, freelancers, videographers and designers to ensure on-time delivery of assets.
- Manage project budgets, in collaboration with the Creative Director and Finance Officer.
The successful applicant will have:
- A third level qualification in the field of journalism, communications, marketing or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a digital marketing with a portfolio of visual and written content.\
- An excellent understanding of the Arts in Education sector and collaborative arts practice.
- High-level, versatile writing abilities with strong attention to detail and editorial experience.
- Proficiency in designing, managing and delivering broad, multi-angle projects.
- Proven track record in creating and publishing online and offline content.
- Proficiency with popular content management systems.
- Adept at SEO best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics.
- Experience in event management ideally both online and offline.
- Experience in working with non-profit or charitable organisations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- The ability to work well as part of a small team.
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities.
- Ability to travel when required for meetings, events etc. Full drivers licence preferable.
Terms of contract:
This is a part-time post (3 days p/week). An initial contract of 9 months will be offered, subject to extension. There will be a probationary period of 6 weeks.
Annual remuneration: €33,000–35,000 DOE. (pro-rata)
Candidates should send a detailed CV and cover letter to Kids’ Own Creative Director,
Ciara Gallagher at: email@example.com by Wednesday 13 July, 5pm