Primary Schools in the Dún Laoghaire – Rathdown area are invited to apply to participate in SHORELINE
A Choral Song And Contemporary Dance Project For People Aged 8 to 80+
Led by CoisCéim BROADREACH Director Philippa Donnellan and renowned composer Denis Clohessy, in association with the DLR LexIcon Library and Pavilion Theatre, SHORELINE invites people from Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown to embark on an oceanic journey of discovery – to share their stories and experiences about the sea.
The project begins in September 2018 in a creative dance/song workshop project that brings together children from 1 primary school, a local choir, and people aged 50+ and culminates in 3 sea-themed performances by participants at the DLR LexIcon Library on Saturday 25 November 2018 at 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm.
The project begins at the end of September and includes:
- 1 Collaborative planning session with Project Leader Philippa Donnellan, the School Principal and selected class teachers
Led by the 2 artists | 6 weekly in-school dance/song workshops – day/time/duration tbc
- 2 Rehearsals with local groups at dlr LexIcon – 23/24 November
- 3 Performances of SHORELINE at dlr LexIcon – Saturday 24 November
- 1 Feedback & evaluation session
- Key to participation in SHORELINE is your school’s active support for the arts and creative learning in education including:
- Use of school hall or similar for 6-7 dance/music workshops – day/time/duration tbc
- Class teacher attendance at all planning sessions, workshops and performances.
- 2-3 adult volunteers to accompany children – dlr LexIcon rehearsals & performances
- Use of basic resources such as: percussion instruments, stationary, sound equipment etc
Selection will be made by CoisCéim BROADREACH and criteria are based on articulating a clear rationale as to why your school
would like to participate in SHORELINE – and a demonstrable ability that you are able to:
- Engage and contribute to the artistic process through – facilitating collaboration between the teachers, children and guest artists – and developing a cross-curricular approach to maximize thematic exploration and participation.
- Maintain effective communication and liaison with CoisCéim BROADREACH and Project Leaders at all stages of the project
- Provide necessary practical/logistical/administrative support as relevant to the demands of the project in your school
Baboró International Arts Festival for Children Dates: 14 – 20 October 2019 Baboró are delighted to announce that their…