Arts in Education Portal
Dates: 22 – 28 March 2021
The Portal Team are delighted to invite teachers, artists, arts managers and anyone with an interest in arts in education to connect with us online for the 2021 Portal Spring Regional Event Series from the 22nd to 28th March 2021.
The programme features a series of sessions sharing experience and best practise from the sector in the Mid-West. It includes a discussion on Monday, 22nd March with the 2020 Portal Documentation Award recipients teacher Jacintha Mullins and composer Fiona Linnane. Jacintha and Fiona will share insights from their experience on the project ‘The Lonely Traveller’, a collaboration with pupils at the Mid-West School for the Deaf, Limerick.
On Wednesday 24th we’re delighted to welcome The Hunt Museum’s Public Engagement Coordinator, Adam Stoneman and Education Officer, Hannah Bloom who will share their experience of how the museum engaged with schools using a virtual collaboration platform.
On Friday 26th and Saturday 27th, artist Éilís Murphy invites participants to two hands-on creative bookmaking sessions. Participants will be introduced to collage and bookmaking techniques, experimenting with various materials, textures and surfaces in this process-led workshop.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
View all the events here – artsineducationportal.eventbrite.com
- Monday 22nd March, 4pm —Discussion: ‘The Lonely Traveller’, a discussion and documentation launch event with teacher Jacintha Mullins and composer Fiona Linnane – Book Tickets here
- Wednesday 24th March, 7pm —Presentation: ‘Virtual Workshops & Curation Using Mozilla Hubs’, with Public Engagement Coordinator, Adam Stoneman and Education Officer, Hannah Bloom of The Hunt Museum – Book Tickets here
- Friday 26th, 7pm & Saturday 27th, 11am – A Hands-on Creative Workshop: ‘Stories Unfolding’ with bookmaker and artist, Éilís Murphy – Places for this session are now fully booked– Waiting List Registration
- Saturday 27th, 11am – A Hands-on Creative Workshop: ‘Éisteacht/Listen’, with composer Fiona Linnane – Places for this session are fully now booked – Waiting List Registration
- The sessions on Monday and Wednesday will also be broadcast on Facebook Live, however to take part in the discussion on Zoom Live ticket booking is required.
- The Creative Sessions on Friday and Saturday have limited capacity. Please note the ticket release date, we advise booking early to avoid disappointment. Materials for these sessions will be posted directly to participants, so home addresses will need to be shared with the portal editor and artist.
You may need to install the Zoom app which can be downloaded zoom.us/download#client_4meeting.