OIDE Creativity have released various dates for their creative and engaging workshops for teachers this autumn and winter. The courses include:
Unlocking Shakespeare: The Merchant of Venice
Date: Saturday 2nd December, 10.30am-3.30pm
Venue: Drumcondra Education Centre, Dublin, D09 C4H3
Oide Creativity in collaboration with voice specialist Andrea Ainsworth, presents a one-day elective workshop, open to post-primary teachers from all subject disciplines.
This workshop offers participants an opportunity to:
- focus on a prescribed Shakespeare play (junior cycle English)
- experience practical, creative ways to lift Shakespeare’s language off the page and into action
- explore scene extracts and soliloquies to learn more about selected Shakespearean characters and what drives them
- reflect on how the workshop may support professional classroom practice and approaches to Classroom-Based Assessments (CBAs).
Get your World Turning With woodturner Willie Creighton
Dates: Various from 2nd November
Oide Creativity and Oide Technology Subjects, in collaboration with woodturner Willie Creighton, present a one-day elective workshop, open to post-primary teachers from all subject disciplines.
This practical workshop offers participants an opportunity to:
- experience exciting ways to create wood turned artefacts
- discover the natural properties and aesthetics of wood through the craft
- explore creative woodturning techniques including spindle and faceplate turning
- develop practical and creative approaches that may be used in classroom practice.
Date: Saturday 25th November
Venue: St. Patrick’s College, DCU, Drumcondra, Dublin
Oide Creativity, in collaboration with spoken word poet Erin Fornoff, author Sam Blake/Vanessa Fox O’ Loughlin and author Dave Rudden, presents a one-day series of workshops and a panel discussion, open to teachers from all subject disciplines.
These three writing workshops offer participants an opportunity to:
- collaborate, share ideas, learn and reflect in a safe, supportive environment
- learn practical, creative teaching methods
- discuss writing tips, writing groups, and author visits.
Spaces are limited for each workshop. A waiting list will apply.
For more information on workshops and to book your place, please visit: https://www.creativity.oide.ie